11/26/14

DIY Burlap Banner Video

Happy Thanksgiving!  This post is a little more Christmas than Thanksgiving....but I am ready for Christmas!

I have something so fun to share today.  I recently posted a picture of some crafty projects I made recently at a class I held here at my house.  One of the projects was a "be merry" burlap banner and I had several emails asking questions, so I thought I would share how I made it!

Untitled

When I first organized the class, I found a ton of pictures of burlap banners all over Pinterest.  I instantly thought of these fabulous Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Dies and how cute they would be in burlap!



So I cut out several banners using the LF banner die and got to work.  Over the time it took to make all the banners for my craft class, I realized that the burlap banner was pretty delicate and needed some reinforcement.  I always use interacting when I cut fabric with dies, so I figured I could use the same with burlap.  I found the "Wonder Under" in a heavy duty strength at Hobby Lobby and figured it would work great!

Joy Banner

I decided to make a video because I am geeking out over these banners and had to share!  Here is a the end result...

Joy Banner

Here is the how-to video!



I decided to add in a little holly with felt and buttons to finish it off....

Untitled

Thanks for coming by today!  I hope you enjoyed my video!  Have a great day!




Supplies: 


Wonder Under
Tissue Paper
Red Acrylic Paint
Foam Brush
PTI Stitched Holly Dies
Pure Poppy Buttons
Twine
Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Dies
8.5 x 11 Adhesive Sheets




6 comments:

  1. Super cute, Laurie! Great video. You have totally sold me on that banner die. My daughter made a banner for our dining room that says, "Oh Come Let Us Adore Him". She cut them all out by hand and also the letters. It looks great but this would be so much easier. Thank you for sharing and have a very Happy Thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I wanted to do this with canvas but fail. It didn't cut so I need to look for something to stiffen it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun & festive!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them, Laurie! Thank you for always sharing your beautiful, creative self!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this Laurie! I'm obsessed with using burlap in my holiday decor. I may need to add this die set to my cart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic. I love this idea and can use it for any occasion. Thanks so much. Great video.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS