4/09/12

A blank one...

For some reason, I have a VERY hard time leaving a card blank.  I want to slap a sentiment on every card.  As I finished this card the other day, I kept staring at it and using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I layered sentiments all over it but I just came to the conclusion that it was good like it is.  Here is my sentiment-less card...

IMG_6240_edited-1

I am thinking it will be good for any occasion really!  So that fence die and woodgrain stamp are from Clear and Simple.  The clouds are my hand-cut fun foam clouds I love so much!  I have 2 sizes and they are attached to acrylic blocks at all times.  They just sit on my desk waiting to be used.  lol  I stamped them on a piece of light blue Bazzill.  If you are like me, you have hoards of Bazzill because you started using smooth paper at some point.  But I am really digging the texture of Bazzill again after all this time.  I am definitely going back to that stash and using more and more of it!  So glad I kept it all!  And then the little girl.  I bought her from Etsy a couple years ago so she is a little digi I have had.  I actually colored her forever ago and finally cut her out to make a card with.  She's been sitting on my desk staring at me for a couple weeks and I finally had a chance to use her.  I was pretty proud of my skin blending.  And the polka dots on her dress.  Again, I made her so long ago, I am thinking I couldn't pull this off again!  I need Copic schooling in a bad way.  :)

OK, so the kiddos are off for one more day of Easter break.  I am thinking we are going to find something fun to do.  Or I will make then clean their rooms!  That's fun too right?  ;)

PS...almost done with the first book of the Hunger Games.  Can't. put. it. down.  Why oh why did I start these?  :)

Have a great day!!

16 comments:

  1. cuteness Laurie :) It looks great w/o a sentiment - such a sweet scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute Laurie. I think that the missing sentiment is perfect. I am on the last book of the hunger games. You are right that it is addicting! The movie was really good too. Can you believe they are a young adult series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card. I think it is perfect without a sentiment. You can always put one inside, when you decide how to use the card. I vote for making your kids clean their rooms. That way, I won't be the only mommy-ogre in the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just so sweet! You are an incredible artist, your shading and choice of colors on that sweet little thing are just so perfect. Just a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, right! I feel that way about some cards too...the sentiment almost messes up the card. This card is really adorable, Laurie. I love how you made the fence with the woodgrain stamp and you say those clouds are handcut foam (you cut them out?) Those are cute clouds and would you believe I have nary a cloud stamp? Yep, not one!! I really want a whole set with clouds, raindrops, etc. Just haven't bought one yet!!
    Thank you for the kind comment on my blog, Girlie. Really sweet of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Laurie. So simple and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think it's as sweet as can be even without a sentiment Laurie! I leave them off from time to time so I can use it for any occasion too! SUPER cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie this card is cute as can be. I really like the fence and that sweet little girl. I am a 'mom-orgre', I say clean their rooms. It is so fun and you never know what you are going to find.

    Once I started book 1 of Hunger games I didn't stop until I read all three--in two weeks! Excellent writer. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't always add sentiments to the front of my cards either. Sometimes it just doesn't need it and I would prefer to add it to the inside. The sky is so open and really lets the cute little girl stand out! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so sweet! Your colouring is fabulous! She reminds me of my Sage....
    I have my name on the book reserve list for the Hunger Games.... I think I'm 17th on the list... we'll see if I can read it before Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right--it's perfect without a sentiment. Your coloring looks great, especially the way you finished the grass, and I love the texture behind the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lo, I know what you mean, I have that dilemma all the time. I do agree with you...it's perfect as is and this adorable card will be perfect for any reason. :-) Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, how cute is this! I love your coloring! That purple is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super CUTE card! Love your homemade cloud stamps! They are perfect behind the fence and adorable girl! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS