4/13/09

Showers of Love Mini Blog Hop!

Ok so my BSF Jen.......that mean "Best Stamping Friend".......and I are doing a little mini blog hop! We are both making some cards using The Angel Company's Showers of Love stamp set! It is a really fun set but Jen and I were both kinda "stuck" when it came to using the set. So we challenged ourselves to make some super fun cards and then we would link each other! You can go see Jen's creations HERE!!


This first card was fun! I cuttlebuged the card front and then decided I didn't want the bottom embossed. So, I took a bone folder and burnished out all the dots on the bottom. Then I took my Scor-Pal and made a dividing line across the bottom! This allowed me to stamp the sentiment at the bottom. (If you look close you can still see where the dots are but I think it is kinda cute! Gives it some texture!)


This card I totally cased from Dawn McVey! You can see her card HERE! I do love the colors of this card! It is coral, black and white! I used the Swirl Cuttlebug folder for the bottom and again used that fun new bow technique with the button!


If you are looking for a big card, try this out! This is an piece of the DCWV Scalloped Paper! I just scored it in half and the scallops meet up perfectly! (I got this idea to use this cardstock from HERE!) I stamped each umbrella in black and then again in color. Cut the tops off and attached them with pop-dots! It adds great dimension! You might not be able to see but I also added stickles to each of the dots on the umbrellas! Cute!!


Here is a small 4x4 card! Plain, simple, super easy! For this card I stamped the umbrella in Burnt Umber. I cut directly around the umbrella cutting the top design off and all of the tassels! I took a rectangle piece of CS and with a black marker, made an umbrella handle. The I attached the top of the umbrella with pop-dots. You can kinda see the top design which I stamped on the background paper! Then I wrapped the card in Black Scrappers Floss!



Ok, last card! Long post, I know!

This card is a Bridal Shower invitation! The stamp set comes with these options to make your own invites!



Glad you stopped by! If this gets you in the mood to play with the Showers of Love stamp set, post a comment with a link to your creation!!

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE them all!! The coral one and the scalloped one...way cute!! The invitation is just adorable and what a great idea on the first one to flatten the embossed dots out! Great, great job on them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two did an amazing job with this set!!! These cards are incredible! I love the dimensions you added with the pop dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been busy! Love them all! The invitation is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cool! Love the assortment of designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to use this set more often too! Way cute cards you've made with it! Now to go check out your friend's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! these are all so great don't know if I could even pick a favorite! Great job to both of you!!! Challenges are the best...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Laurie! The blue scallooped paper one & the kraft paper one are my favorites, but I like them all!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous!!! I love the first one and the BIG one with the scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, each one is so unique. I love them all and appreciate the inspiration. I wanna play with my set now too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards!! I have that set on my table trying to find time to play with it! If I do something I will come back to link it here!

    Thanks for the inspiration you and Jen did an awesome work with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all fantastic, Laurie! LOVE the first one where the image is just peeking onto the edge, and the long scallop one with the umbrellas popped up... too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Laurie I love your stuff girl. I don't have this set, but I want all my readers to check you girls out, so if you don't mind I will post 1 photo of one of your cards and then link them over to you and Jen. Let me know if that's ok chick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all adorable! So glad Melisa hooked me up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS